Lawrence Sasso, DBA, MSM
Sport Management | BS
A diverse curriculum in sport management leads to opportunities ranging from an operations position with a professional sports team/organization, collegiate athletic department, or high school AD to facility/event management, fundraising for nonprofits, or working for one of the many industries that serves the $400 billion plus per year sports industry.
More InformationCourse of Study
Course Of Study
- BUS 223 Sport Marketing
- BUS 262 Sport Management
- BUS 301 Sport Ethics
- Three upper-level (300–400-level) sport electives.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students in the Sport Management Major will demonstrate:
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of the foundations of sport management
- Apply critical thinking skills, leadership, and management skills
- Explain the major concepts, theories, and practices of business, i.e. finance, accounting, marketing, economics, and legal aspects, as they relate to the sport industry
- Apply ethical reasoning and decision-making relating to sport management
- Compose and present effective forms of professional communication