Committed To Excellence
Our commitment to excellence through a supportive community means that Anna Maria College faculty, staff and peers offer guidance to new students to prepare them for success. Our mission is to prepare students for the challenges of college life, including the rigors of academic course through summer orientation and bridge programs to commencement to post graduation. The Student Success Center/Tutoring provides assistance to all students free of charge in a supportive, information setting. The Center is staffed by professionals, as well as student tutors. In addition to subject-based tutoring, the Center offers study skills workshops to assist all students.
Trinity East Location
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Madonna Hall Location
Monday – Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
More InformationSuccess Center/Tutoring FAQs
Success Center/Tutoring FAQs
What are the Student Success Center testing guidelines?
- Only students with documented accommodations will be permitted to take exams in the Student Success Center.
- At least seven days before the scheduled exam the professor will scan or email the exam to firstname.lastname@example.org. The exam will then be transferred to a locked closet until the student arrives to take the exam.
- The name of the student is to be written on the envelope as well as the guidelines for what can be used (notes, books, etc.) on the test, any time restrictions, and other relevant information. If guidelines are not specified then the student will not be allowed to use any materials.
- Scheduled exam hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- There will be a specific time scheduled for the student to complete the exam. This time will be prearranged between the student and the professor and, once arranged, the Student Success Center will be notified by the professor of this time.
- The professor will write the Anna Maria College mailbox number on the exam envelope so that the Director of the Student Success Center can put the exam in the on-campus mail at the end of the scheduled exam day.
- The professor will send the Director of the Student Success Center an email upon drop off the exam and when the completed exam has been received.
- The professor will provide contact information at which he or she can be reached during the exam-taking time (campus phone extension, email address, cell phone number, or room present in).
- If the student is not present in the Student Success Center within thirty minutes of the start time of the exam, the student will not be permitted to take the exam.
- Scheduled exam time does not include study time. The student must study before the scheduled exam time.
- Students are not allowed to bring any unnecessary items or materials into the testing room, specifically cell phones.
Is someone available to help me study or quiz me on certain material?
We have tutors in all subject areas, and the list is posted on the bulletin board in the Student Success Center/Tutoring. Each tutor’s picture is posted along with which subjects they specialize in, as well as their hours. Students do not need to sign up to speak with a tutor.
Are iPods or iPhones allowed at the Success Center/Tutoring?
Yes, as long as the volume is low enough not to disturb other students studying.
Is someone available to read my paper or edit it for grammar mistakes?
Yes, most tutors are able to edit and proofread papers, helping to correctly format the paper, and make grammatical corrections.
Do I have to pay to use the Student Success Center?
No, it is free within your tuition.
Is there a copy machine available to students?
If you need a copy made, a tutor or staff member can make them for you.
Do I always need to meet with a tutor when I come into the Student Success Center?
No, the Student Success Center/Tutoring can be a comfortable place to work alone or with a group.
Does the Student Success Center/Tutoring offer accommodations?
If you have a documented disability, please bring the appropriate documentation to Dennis Vanasse, Director of the Student Success Center, and he will determine if you are eligible for reasonable accommodations.
Students with documented disabilities may request accommodations in the structure of a course or courses either prior to or after their admission to the College. The responsibility for initiating such requests always rests with the student. Students with disabilities who wish to begin the semester with course-based accommodations must submit appropriate documentation of the disability to the Director of the Student Success Center/Tutoring one week prior to the beginning of the semester. The Director will review and confer with the appropriate Academic Dean or Director when necessary, and will then inform the student which accommodations and support services are appropriate and reasonable.
‘Reasonable accommodations’ are those that do not fundamentally alter the essential nature of the course, curriculum or program and do not result in an undue administrative or financial burden for the institution. Click here for more information on the policy. Students submit documentation to support requests for accommodations and get a response regarding ‘reasonable accommodations’ usually within 24 hours. The policy allows for up to a week for cases that need consultation with the appropriate Associate Vice President.
Resources For Writers
In collaboration with the Anna Maria College Student Success Center/Tutoring and the Mondor-Eagen Library, faculty and staff at Anna Maria College have compiled this directory of online resources to assist you in your writing. Many of these pages were created by other college writing centers. There are also audio introductions for some of the topics (a playlist of all audio files appears at the bottom of the page). In addition to student resources, you will find sources for faculty, including links to articles about how to address writing in the classroom across disciplines. Thank you for visiting, and happy writing!