Commencement Weekend 2023
In academics, commencement is the ceremony in which degrees or diplomas are conferred on graduating students. Your college commencement ceremony recognizes the completion of your degree and the start of your professional life.
Commencement 2023 will take place on Monday, May 15th, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the DCU Center in Worcester, MA. (Please note, this is a date change from the original 2022-23 academic calendar).
Students completing their studies in August/December 2022 or May 2023 are invited to participate in the May ceremony. Students who are within 6 credits of completion can petition to participate. If you have any questions about your eligibility to graduate, please contact your faculty advisor for guidance.
Please email us at email@example.com or call the Student Life Office at 508-849-3388 with and questions regarding the ceremony.
We look forward to celebrating with you and your family!
Tickets & Commencement Weekend RSVP
- Tickets for guests are not required for Commencement on May 15th, and guests are unlimited.
- The Commencement Weekend RSVP form will be emailed to students attending graduation by April 1st. Please complete the RSVP once received to ensure that your name is on the graduation lineup list and to help ensure a smooth ceremony.
- Due to space capacity, , guest reservations will be required for Baccalaureate Mass and the Hooding Ceremony. The Commencement Weekend RSVP form will serve as your reservation for these events.
Commencement Weekend Events
We will celebrate the Baccalaureate Mass in Fuller Activities Center on Saturday, May 13th, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. Baccalaureate Mass is a Catholic liturgy, celebrating the Sacrament of the Eucharist and graduating students. All members of the Anna Maria College community and their guests are invited to attend the Mass, regardless of faith.
The Hooding Ceremony will immediately follow Baccalaureate Mass. The hooding of the Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree Recipients by faculty recognizes your academic success. Your hood (the scarf-like part of your academic regalia) represents the degree that you have earned, and will be placed over your shoulders by a faculty member or department chair in your field of study.
A reception will be held in the Bishop Flanagan Campus Center for graduating students and guests, faculty, and staff immediately following the hooding ceremony.
Additional events on Saturday, May 13th will include:
Senior Champagne Brunch at 11:00 a.m. in the Bishop Flanagan Campus Center
Social Work Pinning at 1:00 p.m. in Zecco Performing Arts Center
Nursing Pinning at 3:00 p.m. in Zecco Performing Arts Center
All Saturday events will be held on campus. Guests are welcome to attend – please watch your AMCATS email for information about reservations.
Please join us on Thursday, April 13th, 6:00 or 7:00 pm., Admissions Welcome Center, Foundress Hall for a graduation overview and Q&A. All students are welcome!
- Attend a 30-minute info session at 6:00 or 7:00 pm (your choice). Baccalaureate Mass, the Hooding Ceremony, and the Commencement Ceremony will be explained in detail.
- Enter our raffle for a diploma frame, receive a complimentary food truck ticket, and have all your graduation questions answered!
- Full-time undergraduate students – pick up your regalia (cap, gown, and hood) following the info session. (Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make alternative arrangements.)
- If you are unable to attend the info session on April 13th, you may view the recording posted here after the event. Of course, you may always email email@example.com or call the Student Life Office at 508–849-3388.
Your Senior Class Council is busy planning Senior Week activities for the spring – more information coming soon! If you have questions or ideas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cap & Gown Information
Anna Maria College partners with Balfour/Build a Grad for commencement regalia (cap, gown and academic hood). Regalia are required if you are attending Baccalaureate Mass and/or Commencement.
Bachelor’s degree/Undergraduate: Full-time (Resident and Commuter)
Pick up your regalia on campus on Thursday, April 13th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Admissions Welcome Center, Foundress Hall.
Bachelor’s degree/Undergraduate: Online only/Part-time/Degree Completion – order by April 1st
Please have payment method ready when you order, as your credential fee includes diploma but not regalia. Your regalia will be mailed to you.
Master’s degree/Graduate/CAGS – order by April 1st
Please have payment method ready when you order, as your credential fee includes diploma but not regalia. Your regalia will be mailed to you. (Master’s degree regalia varies slightly from Bachelor’s degree regalia. Please reach out with any questions.)
Press Release Form
We will be happy to provide graduation announcements to your local newspaper after commencement. If you have not already done so, please complete the form below.
For hotels, restaurants and activities in the local area, please visit https://www.discovercentralma.org
If you have International guests attending Commencement who require a letter of certification for their visa application please email the email@example.com. You will then receive a confirmation of your graduation to provide to your guests for their visa application.