The Bachelor of Science in Paramedic Science program implements the mission of the College by leading students to the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to practice advanced prehospital care of individuals who are ill, injured, or otherwise at risk. Students build a foundation in natural sciences that underpins the academic and practical study of advanced emergency medical services. Clinical and field experiences refine practical skills and illustrate the profession in societal context. The curriculum emphasizes compassion and respect for others, cultural awareness, and a commitment to public service.
This program aims to prepare the student for state and national credentials as a paramedic; to build awareness and understanding of the role of the paramedic in medical and emergency services; to provide a well-rounded educational experience that provides strong career preparation in a liberal arts context; to instill the values of the college in Anna Maria-educated practitioners of advanced emergency medical care.
Course Of Study
2017 Anna Maria College Paramedic Science Cohort Data
National Registry Exam Results
NREMT Paramedic Exam Pass Rate: 75 % (one additional student awaiting test)
Retention Rate: 80 %
4 completed program
1 non-academic drop
100 % within one month of passing NREMT exam
50 % of cohort had FT employment in field secured prior to graduation
- Identify and describe the role and function of a paramedic within the local, state and national public health system.
- Integrate and demonstrate knowledge of the modalities and skills used in medical emergency services and the ability to objectively assess evidence of effectiveness
- Demonstrate ability to function safely and appropriately as an entry level paramedic within any system of pre hospital medicine and within the paramedic scope of practice
- Apply the principles underlying the profession of paramedicine including anatomy and physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and disorders treated by paramedics
- Demonstrate the competencies and practices and the skills of an entry level paramedic
The Anna Maria College Paramedic Science Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775