Anna Maria College invites applications for a full-time twelve month Sports Information Director. The Sports Information director will be responsible for coordinating all phases of the Sports Information office; media relations, social media, publications, home contest management for all sports, and maintaining the athletic department web site.
Anna Maria College is a residential, private, catholic, co-educational institution committed to excellence and competes in the NCAA Division III and the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC).
Anna Maria College offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. The Anna Maria College community values and supports diversity and an inclusive environment. We are particularly interested in hiring candidates who will enrich the diversity of our campus. Anna Maria College is an EOE employer.
- Develop a marketing strategy to maximize the visibility of Anna Maria’s 13 Division III athletic programs. Primary responsibilities include coordinating all phases of the Sports Information office; media relations, social media, publications, home contest management for all sports, and maintaining the athletic department web site.
- Coordinate all aspects of the SID Office: media relations, management of student employees and maintaining accurate records and files
- Maintain and develop current social media channels
- Coordinate game day video broadcasts (Boxcast)
- Prepare all game programs
- Maintain all (in-season, career & historical) statistical material for the university, NEWMAC and NCAA
- Prepare hometown stories, releases, and feature stories for student-athletes/coaches
- Maintain department web site (Currently Presto Sports)
- Coordinate photo coverage for all varsity sports to include action, team and individual athlete photos
- Write sports wrap-ups on each varsity sport for external release and use in other publications
- Responsible for the nomination of student-athletes for scholarships, awards, including: Academic all-conference, All-Americas; weekly and seasonal GNAC honors
- Maintain sports team photo files
- Work collaboratively with the HOF committee in the planning and preparation of the Anna Maria Athletics Hall of Fame through data collection, distribution of HOF material, and marketing the event.
- Responsible for the hiring and management of all home contest student workers
- Supervise assigned athletic department staff
- Meet with coaches, students, and other departments as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s degree required/ Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in a college sports information office or comparable environment is preferred
- Successful candidate must have leadership, role modeling, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have an understanding of NCAA Division III regulations.
- Experience with Stat Crew & Presto Sports software, InDesign and Photoshop, video streaming, and editing hardware and software are recommended
- This position will require working nights, weekends, and some travel
Anna Maria College currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the college.
About Anna Maria College
Located just outside of Worcester in Paxton, MA, Anna Maria College is a private, co-educational institution inspired by the ideals of the Sisters of Saint Anne. We prepare students to become ethical leaders by combining a values-based, service-focused education with strong functional knowledge and the skills necessary to address the rapidly changing needs of their world. Anna Maria delivers undergraduate and graduate degrees along with certificate programs on campus and online. For more information, visit www.annamaria.edu.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.