The Marketing Communications (Marcomm) Manager is a motivated contributor and storyteller responsible for developing and implementing communications and marketing programs and content that spotlight Anna Maria College’s strongest assets, engage Anna Maria College’s key audiences, advance its mission and goals, and increase its overall brand visibility. The Marcomm Manager provides strategic communication input and public relations support. Their content will be used in a variety of formats, including social media, web, print and digital, and media relations. The position reports to the VP for External Relations who oversees College communications, marketing and public relations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Write, develop, edit, review, prioritize, and create a constant flow of original print, audio, visual and video content for stakeholder audiences, including students and prospective students, faculty and staff, community partners, parents and alumni. Major deliverables will include blog profiles and features; print copy for Admission materials, Alumni magazine, and other College publications; press releases and advisories; social media posts; podcast interviews; editorials and articles; and website content.
- Create and utilize photography, videography, and audio to enrich and enhance marketing and communications initiatives and maximize content opportunities across all platforms.
- Ensure organization and consistency of high-quality content across communications platforms based on best SEO practices and by creating and managing a content calendar.
- Manage multiple short and long-term projects from start to finish.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships across all campus departments and partners.
- Assist as needed with other department functions, including proofreading, providing marketing support for the College’s programs and events, and strategic communications planning.
- Assists the VP for External Relations in drafting leadership messages, speeches, arranging media interviews, and maintaining other forms of public engagement.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, communications or journalism
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in marketing and communications strategy.
- Detail-oriented and creative self-starter who works both independently and collaboratively to manage multiple projects from start to finish.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and WordPress.
- Skills in photography, videography, and interviewing subjects.
- Comprehensive understanding of social media.
- Comfortable working with faculty, leadership, students and other colleagues to develop a variety of stories.
- Able to prioritize projects, work under deadlines and monitor effectiveness.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and news related to the College’s people and programs.
- Collaborate with outside writers, photographers and printers.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.