Department: Institutional Research
The Institutional Research Analyst will report to, and work collaboratively with, the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment. The Analyst is responsible for (1) using existing data management systems to identify, compile, present, and disseminate data and statistical analyses to college leadership, academic support units, state and federal agencies, and other stakeholders; (2) completing regularly scheduled data reports throughout the year and responding to internal and external ad hoc requests for data and information; (3) maintaining and enhancing the web-based, data reporting systems using data visualization tools to improve data access; and (4) overseeing the administration of institutional surveys.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively use the College’s data information systems (e.g., registration, admission), reporting tools, and data visualization platforms to respond to requests for institutional data and reports from internal data users and decision makers, and from outside agencies and organizations (e.g., NECHE, MA Department of Higher Education, NCAA).
- Serve as the institution’s chief reporting official for IPEDS and other federal/state organizations that require data-based reporting.
- Work collaboratively with staff and faculty in departments and units across the institution (e.g., finance, advancement, accredited programs, enrollment management) to assist in meeting their data-based reporting needs and requirements.
- Produce tables, graphs, and infographics to effectively present and summarize data. Develop and manage the College’s online, data visualization-based dashboards (e.g., Enrollment, Quick Facts). Keep up-to-date on best practices and trends related to data visualization.
- Design and coordinate the administration of campus-based institutional surveys including course evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, and others, to maintain and enhance data integrity.
- Support the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment in conducting research and analyses on a wide-range of institutional topics including student outcomes, success, and achievement; enrollment management; program evaluations; grant writing initiatives; and special projects.
- Design and disseminate internal reporting tools whereby staff and faculty can pull their own data and reports on demand.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff and faculty to create, manage, and administer their own departmental surveys and use results for improving programs.
- Participate on committees, workgroups, taskforces, and in meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information technology, social sciences, education, business administration, statistics or a related field.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience required.
- Proficiency in using data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) and MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analyses and research designs.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.