Department: Financial Aid
To perform a variety of activities involving the dissemination of financial aid information to students; and to perform technical and clerical tasks in the maintenance and documentation of financial aid information.
This position is in person/on campus, Monday thru Friday 8:30-4:30pm.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide applications, information, and assistance to students regarding available financial aid programs, such as grants, loans, scholarships, and work study jobs.
- Review financial aid application forms for accuracy and completeness; secure additional information from students as necessary.
- Process financial aid applications and transcripts; prepare and maintain student folders.
- Determine student eligibility for financial aid based upon established criteria pertinent to each program.
- Input data into computer terminal for disbursement of checks and proper accounting procedures.
- Produce and maintain office communications in the form of emails, bulk mailings and phone correspondence.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Occasional weekend hours during scheduled Admissions events.
- Forward communications to students during the semester; answer student’s questions regarding communications.
- Assist in the modification of forms and procedures as regulations change.
- Process incoming scholarship paperwork; review and disburse incoming scholarship funds; maintain payment registers and reconcile funds.
- Assist in the year-end closing of financial aid folders; elimination of student folders after seven years.
- Generate award letters for all students; Ensure timely and efficient communication with prospective students; upload and maintain award letters into Slate system.
- Scan, process and maintain documents filed by electronic means.
- Open, date stamp, and route incoming mail.
- Manage financial aid programs as assigned.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants as assigned.
Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. One to three years of prior financial aid experience
General methods and procedures of bookkeeping. Office and clerical procedures, equipment, and systems. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic understanding of Federal financial aid sites.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.