Department: Financial Aid
Anna Maria College is currently seeking candidates for consideration of the Financial Aid Counselor position. This is a wonderful opportunity for entry level applicants or those with 1-2 years of professional Financial Aid experience. While experience in a Financial Aid office is not required, applicants should have experience with direct customer service and/or client relations as the role requires regular interaction with students, parents, and administrators. Proficiency with technology is required. Training will be provided for motivated candidates.
The Financial Aid Counselor will serve as the main point of contact for students and parents in the Financial Aid office. The successful candidate will join a charismatic, collaborative team environment and will work closely with both students and other professionals on campus. This job requires the incumbent to perform a variety of activities including front line customer service, clerical tasks, and completion of technical procedures relating to the processing and maintenance of financial aid awards.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide applications, information, and assistance to students regarding available financial aid programs, such as grants, loans, scholarships, and work study jobs.
- Use Department of Education software to import ISIR records for student aid packaging.
- Review financial aid application forms for accuracy and completeness; complete verification of FAFSA data for students selected by the Federal Government.
- Process financial aid applications and supporting documentation; scan and index student documentation to digital student files.
- Determine student eligibility for financial aid based upon established criteria pertinent to each program.
- Produce and maintain office communications in the form of emails, bulk mailings and phone correspondence.
- Provide private counseling sessions to students and families to guide them through the Financial Aid application process.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Serve as front-line customer service for all phone calls, emails, and walk-ins.
- Assist in the modification of forms and procedures as regulations change.
- Generate award letters for traditional undergraduate students using a batch process
- Generate award letters for International Students based on information provided by the Enrollment Team.
- Ensure timely and efficient communication with prospective students; upload and maintain award letters into Slate system.
- Select, train, and supervise student assistants as assigned.
- Occasional weekend hours during scheduled Admissions events.
- Facilitate on campus events and activities related to Financial Aid and Financial Literacy as required.
Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Proficiency with technology, willingness to learn, and customer service experience required