Department: President’s Office
Anna Maria College currently seeks candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the President/Assistant Secretary to the Board of Trustees. This position supports the work of the College President through direct assistance on daily, as well as strategic projects, and serves as a liaison to on and off campus community constituents. As Assistant Secretary to the Board, this professional manages Anna Maria College Board processes and meetings in accordance with the bylaws of the Board, keeps official Board records and advises the President and Chair on Board procedure and practice to assure compliance with board policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee all aspects of the President’s daily calendar and appointments:
-review and assess the urgency/priority of all requests for appointments, collaborating across the campus, meetings and special invitations by judging the use of the President’s time based upon strategic priorities and schedule appointments accordingly; resolve all scheduling conflicts;
-independently take initiative to acquire all required information and background materials necessary for the President to prepare for and meet the needs of those meetings;
-compile, draft, and prepare all materials required for the President’s appointments;
Manage all travel arrangements for the President:
-coordinate all logistics for off campus and out of state travel; make reservations for all flights, rental cars, trains, hotels and meeting venues, which may include multiple destinations, flights, hotels occurring within the same timeframe;
-develop itineraries for all off campus Presidential travel;
- Draft, prepare, proofread and edit a variety of documents, presentations and written correspondence on behalf of the President. This work may require merging and sorting, transcribing information dictated by the President, integrating text with graphics and using spreadsheets and database files. Handle appropriate distribution of all correspondence.
- Direct or conduct special projects at the direction of the President.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of on and/or off campus events. Plan and coordinate Trustee participation at Commencement.
- Work collaboratively with office staff to ensure the smooth operation of the President’s office. Supervise
- one office assistant.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet; prepare Cabinet agenda and minutes at the direction of the President.
- Act as a liaison to the President’s Office to both internal and external constituents.
- Manage details of the budget for the President’s Office and Commencement.
- Supervise the Assistant position and student workers to assure quality and timeliness of work.
- Other duties as assigned
As Assistant Secretary to the Board
- Plan and coordinate all yearly Board meetings in consultation with the President and Board Chair.
- Support the President, Board Chair, and Board Officers in the execution of their duties.
- Prepare all pre-/post- meeting materials, portal, mailings.
- Serve as the recorder for the full Board and all Trustee Committee meetings:
- Direct or conduct special projects for the President and Board of Trustees, as assigned.
- Advise the President and Board on matters pertaining to compliance with bylaws, Board policies and best practice in College governance after conducting appropriate research.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Confidentiality required;
- Customer service minded with the ability to address, with poise and diplomacy, sensitive and
- confidential issues that might arise on a daily basis;
- Ability to prioritize work load and assigned tasks;
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work;
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to conduct research and gather information;
- Professional oral and written communication skills;
- Strong, well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft (Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, OnBoard, Zoom, etc.);
- Mature, well organized, and collegial;
- Ability to support others in their work;
CREDENTIALS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements for this position are at least 5 years’ experience in providing executive support, project management, and research, with emphasis on a higher education setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger,
- handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.