Department: Enrollment & Student Financial Services
Anna Maria College currently seeks an Director of Student Financial Services who is responsible for the overall management and administration of all student financial aid as well as the operation of the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Offices. Supervising a staff of five, who provide service for the undergraduate and graduate financial aid applicants, the director will hire, train, and provide professional development opportunities and mentoring to all financial services staff members. The director will work closely with institutional colleagues to meet enrollment and retention goals and be an effective collaborator, working with partners across campus to develop and implement policies regarding the awarding of institutional aid in a manner that supports and promotes the enrollment goals of the college. In collaboration with the Vice President, the director is responsible for the development, oversight, and implementation of the financial aid leveraging strategies, financial aid policies, and awarding practices to ensure the efficient and strategic distribution of aid. Additionally, the Director will demonstrate by example a clear commitment to providing excellent customer service, reinforcing Anna Maria Colleges commitment to student-centered college experience.
- Administer a student financial services program that offers personal and quality service to all Anna Maria Colleges students and their parents.
- Coordinate efforts with the Business Office, Registrar, Information Technology, Institutional Research, Admissions, Graduate programs, and other offices on campus.
- Serve as the Chief Compliance Officer for Title IV federal aid regulations; and primary DPA for the institution.
- Develop, implement, document and manage financial aid strategies, policies, and procedures utilizing industry best practices and exceptional customer service to serve the colleges goals and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and statutes.
- Utilize net tuition revenue models to package financial aid; monitor and verify awards against budget recommendations for any needed corrective action.
- Oversee the administration of all student loan programs, including calculations of eligibility, origination of applications, entrance/exit interviews, and serve as liaison to outside agencies and ensure fiscal accountability in fund management, disbursement, and recovery by coordinating technology and information systems for effective administration of student, institutional, and outside funds.
- Oversee the verification of specific federal and/or state criteria, authorization of payment process, reconciliation with accounting office(s), and R2T4 in compliance with federal and state regulations and colleges policies, while utilizing industry’s best practices
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Five year’s comparable work experience, including previous accounting, financial aid and customer service experience required
- Professional experience with demonstrated increase in leadership responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and regulations governing federal financial aid programs
- Experience with billing/accounts receivable activities/cash management and reconciliations in both Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, manage and motivate a diverse team
- Exceptional and creative communication and critical thinking skills, combined with the proven ability to move ideas forward in a collaborative manner
- Ability to provide overall direction and analysis for the Financial Aid computer systems and programs; recommend enhancements to existing systems/programs to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Proven ability to interact with individuals regarding financial aid and student account challenges in a proactive and positive manner, ensuring that all parties are heard and feel respected in the process and lead a team that provides the same level of customer service.
- An eye for process improvement opportunities, the ability to lead and be part of a team to make positive changes.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.