Department: Institutional Advancement
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for managing a portfolio of prospective alumni donors and will assist with the planning, coordination and implementation of Alumni Relations activities for the College, as well as playing a role in directly raising annual gifts for the College.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement (ADAE) will help advance the mission of Anna Maria College by supporting the leadership and strategic direction for a comprehensive and sustainable alumni engagement program. The ADAE is charged with working to actively involve alumni in the life of the college and develop mutually beneficial relationships between the College and its graduates. To achieve this, the ADAE needs to be a collaborator, facilitator, communicator, and implementor – working with colleagues across the department and with various departments and constituencies to celebrate the history of the college; execute engagement opportunities and foster a culture of philanthropy.
The ADAE will assist in the development and execution of alumni programs, college and stewardship events, and effective volunteer management; creating alumni communication across multiple channels; and developing long-lasting relationships on behalf of the college.
- Assist and execute various parts of the development and implementation of a comprehensive alumni relations and annual giving plan.
- Support the programming and initiatives that focuses on alumni engagement.
- Execute parts of a development plan which includes increased event attendance and increased all-constituency participation.
- Strategize with employees to plan and execute the College’s annual giving campaign.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of 50-75 prospects to build, nurture, and expand relationships to increase the pipeline of engaged donors.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Development of quality programming that will raise alumni awareness of and involvement with the College, enabling the College to expand its donor base.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors degree required. 1-2 years experience in non-profit or higher education preferred with a growing track record in fundraising and event planning. Strong computer skills required. Must be able to manage priorities with attention to detail and organization. Ability to travel in local and regional area.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.