Department:Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Under the direction of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs provides administrative and secretarial support to all students, faculty, directors and administrators who require services from the Vice President for Academic Affairs Office.
- Types correspondence and schedules appointments for the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Answers telephone requests courteously and promptly.
- Schedules meetings for the Vice President for Academic Affairs with various internal and external committees.
- Prepares required academic progress letters to students in January and June each year.
- Assists the Vice President for Academic Affairs with materials and information regarding assessments, re-accreditations and other reports.
- Prepares Dean’s List letters and certificates to students in January and June each year.
- Provides administrative, secretarial, and clerical assistance to the Vice President for Academic Affairs including monitoring deadlines and assuring timely follow-up on matters in the Office, extensive schedule coordination, and meeting and travel arrangements.
- Prepares PO’s for the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Drafts various letters and memoranda as instructed.
- Maintains faculty information with regard to tenure, promotion, leaves of absence, sabbaticals, and salaries. Generates reports for the Office of Academic Affairs and for other College offices as needed.
- Provides support to the ARPT Committee, which handles faculty hiring, tenure, and promotion cases. Maintains confidential records and files of candidate’s information and letters of recommendation.
- Prepares yearly contracts for full-time faculty members and department chairpersons. Under the Vice President for Academic Affairs signature, distributes contracts, receives signed copies, and distributes appropriate copies to the Human Resources and Payroll Offices.
- Maintains an extensive in-office filing system, including confidential files for full-time and part-time faculty members, files relevant to all academic departments, constituent academic warehouse files. Responsible for storage of appropriate files. Responsible for overseeing the orderly transfer and disposal of outdated files in conjunction with other College departments.
- Provides administrative support for special projects and committees originating in the Vice President for Academic Affairs Office.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Directs and supervises Academic Assistant(s) in the Academic Affairs Office.
- Interacts on a regular basis with all members of the College community, including faculty members, administration, staff, and students.
- Supervises work-study students as needed.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Database Management (Empower)
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Database management skills
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events
- 3+ years experience in a higher educational environment (preferred)
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.