TITLE: Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator
DEPARTMENT REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs REPORTS TO: Dean of Nursing
Summary: Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator will participate in development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programming in the Nursing and Simulation laboratories. The Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator will work with Nursing Faculty, as well as other College Faculty, to promote opportunities for inter-professional education. Primary teaching responsibilities will be teaching in the Nursing and Simulation laboratory and the clinical setting. The Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator will conduct simulation scenarios and debriefing sessions. The Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator will working with academic leadership in the School of Professional Studies to provide short-term and long-range comprehensive strategic and operational planning in support of the simulation laboratories. The Nursing Lab and Simulation Coordinator will be actively involved in academic program and curriculum committee meetings for the integration of simulation experiences in meeting course and program objectives and terminal outcomes.
- Ability to provide simulation education experiences to students at an expert level;
- Ability to teach faculty how to use simulation and debrief effectively;
- Possesses technological competency in health care equipment, electronic documentation, computer skills, Microsoft Office, and presentation technology;
- Demonstrates expertise in providing skills training, remediation, or tutoring one-on-one or in small groups;
- Ability to collaborate with faculty in identifying needs and developing and implementing creative laboratory learning environments;
- Successful grant-writing to support technology and equipment acquisitions a plus;
- Holds open labs and clinical experiences during unscheduled student class lab hours;
- Advises students in their academic curriculum plan;
- Practices exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Trends student performance and assessment data and makes recommendations for systematic program
- Performs other job-related duties as
- Comprehensive simulation lab for nursing education program that will support and enhance achievement of course andprogram objectives.
- Supervision of students in simulation lab and clinical setting.
- Maintain verbal, written, and/or electronic communication with nursing students, faculty and administration.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO REACH ACCEPTABLE PERFORMANCE:
- Hold an Advanced Degree in Nursing, a specialization in Nursing Education, Post- Master’s Certificate inNursing Education or CNE
- Unencumbered Massachusetts RN license is required;
- 3-5 years of recent clinical practice, lab skills and teaching experience;
- Teaching expertise with simulation and skills lab technology