Department: Health and Counseling Office
Anna Maria Colleges Health Services is currently seeking experienced NP and RN applicants for a part-time 9- or 10-month (3-4 days a week) clinical position to provide preventative and episodic outpatient urgent health care, triage, and treatment to students. Health Services at Anna Maria College supports students’ well-being and success by assisting them in maintaining good physical and emotional health. We believe in a holistic approach to health and our goal is to provide students with the tools necessary to be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. The office provides information on disease prevention, programming tools for optimizing a healthy lifestyle and provides care for acute and minor illnesses and injuries.
- Screen and evaluate patients to assess their medical needs including reviewing pertinent medical information in the patient’s electronic health record and evaluating the physical and psychological health of patients through a comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Perform limited on-site lab specimen collection and testing. Phlebotomy as needed. Contact labs and service providers to obtain test results.
- Within scope of practice applicable to licensure, formulate and implement an individualized plan of care based on assessment findings from the history, physical exam, laboratory results and evidence-based guidelines.
- Within scope of practice applicable to licensure and following clinic protocols and evidence-based guidelines, order and interpret appropriate laboratory tests and other procedures as indicated.
- Assess need for consultation and partnership with other health and counseling team members, including staff nurses, nurse practitioners, consulting physician, and counseling providers as well as referral to providers outside of the health center.
- Assist in review and notification of Covid-19 surveillance testing results, activating, and supporting campus policies and protocols for isolation and quarantine.
- Perform Covid-19 contact tracing and delegate contact tracing tasks per protocol to other department staff and interns.
- Document clinical encounters and relevant communication related to patient care in electronic health record (Medicat) in a timely manner.
- Work as a member of the Health & Counseling Services team to contribute to the implementation of departmental and institutional goals.
- Participate in departmental and campus-wide programming and initiatives and serve as a liaison to other College departments such as Athletics, Residential Life, Student Success center, etc. to promote student health and retention.
- Participate in student immunization compliance activities.
- Adhere to College policy as well as state and federal laws and regulations regarding the confidentiality and the privacy of personal health information.
- Adheres to College policy supporting Catholic teaching about the dignity of human life in the compassionate provision of health care.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director, Health Services Clinic Coordinator, and Executive Vice President.
Qualifications for All Applicants:
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support students and their families.
- Proficiency with electronic medical record documentation.
- Strong commitments to workplace honesty, integrity, direct communication, teamwork, collaboration, and professional ethics.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality according to requirements of the HIPPA, FERPA, and College policies
Additional Qualifications for Registered Nurse Applicants:
- Graduate of an accredited BSN program
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Minimum 3 years of strong clinical experience in college health and/or primary or urgent care
Additional Qualifications for Nurse Practitioner Applicants:
- Graduate of an accredited master’s degree Nurse Practitioner program
- National board certification as an Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current Massachusetts license to practice as an advance practice registered nurse (APRN).
- Ability to obtain DEA and Mass Controlled Substance certification
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Minimum 2 years of strong clinical experience in college health and/or primary or urgent care
- Work is normally performed in a clinical office work environment in a clinical exam room with computer and standard medical supplies.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires sitting, standing, walking, and bending; ability to assist a client to stand or walk if needed.
- Use of a computer keyboard and computer screen for periods of time with close vision and the ability to adjust visual focus plus manual dexterity are required
- The work environment involves potential exposure to communicable diseases through direct contact and through the handling of biological specimens (blood, urine, and vomitus, etc.) and needles and syringes. following extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment is required to minimize risk.
- Examples of mental demands for this position include reading (documents), detailed work, confidentiality, language, math, reasoning, oral communications, written communications, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions, and performing calculations when necessary.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.