Student Activities, Anna Maria College
Position: Graduate Assistant
Appointment: August 1, 2023 – May 20, 2024
Hours: 15 hours/week
Compensation: On-Campus Housing, 15 meal/week plan when the dining hall is open, 15 paid office hours per week, one free graduate class and one class at a 25% discount per semester
The Office of Student Activities at Anna Maria College is now accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant for the 2023 – 2024 academic year. This person will be supervised directly by the Director of Student Activities. The Graduate Assistant must be able to serve as a role model to undergraduate students at Anna Maria College and promote a community that is supportive of the mission of Anna Maria College.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to a lead a lifestyle that is supportive of the mission of Anna Maria College and specifically the Office of Student Activities.
- Serve as a role model for undergraduate students at Anna Maria College.
- Serve as a programming specialist for the Office of Student Activities. This includes leading training sessions for clubs & organizations, assisting with the planning of their events, as well as planning and promoting large-scale programs on campus.
- Serve as a Student Life liaison for campus clubs & organizations.
- Supervise evening and weekend programs as needed. You may expect to supervise 1-2 programs each week.
- Support large scale programming efforts such as New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, Spring Week, etc.
- Develop monthly intramural and rec sports offerings.
- Provide regular office presence and open office hours throughout the week.
- Other duties as assigned.