Residence Life, Anna Maria College
Position: Graduate Residential Specialist
Appointment: July 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024
Hours: 15 hours/week
Compensation: On-Campus Housing, 15 meal/week plan when the dining hall is open, ten paid office hours per week, one free graduate class and one class at a 25% discount per semester
The Office of Residence Life at Anna Maria College is now accepting applications for the Graduate Residential Specialist for the 2023 – 2024 academic year. This Graduate Residential Specialist will work closely with the rest of the Residence Life Team to help plan and facilitate community building within the residence halls and on campus. This person will be supervised directly by the Residence Director of St. Anne Hall. The Graduate Residential Specialist must be able to serve as a role model to undergraduate students at Anna Maria College and promote a community that is supportive of the mission of Anna Maria College. Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a broad range of administrative, student conduct, and programmatic duties to assist the Residence Life team in building a positive on-campus experience for residents
- Serve as a Student Conduct Officer and facilitate Student Conduct Meetings as assigned
- Serve in the on-call duty rotation for campus responding to RA and resident concerns, emergencies, etc.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory Residence Life events such as, but not limited to: Move-In, Move-Out, Housing Selection, RA Selection Events, End-of-Year Celebration, etc.
- Supervise the Alumni/Coughlin Hall Desk Attendants
- Co-advise the Residence Hall Association
- Collaborating with various campus offices to put on campus-wide events and programs such as, but not limited to: Spring Week, Homecoming Week, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, promote, and implement 2 large-scale programs per semester in the residence halls
- Plan and facilitate RA Training Sessions during Fall and Winter Training, and RA Continuing Education Sessions during the year on an as-needed basis
- Plan RA bonding events and the end-of-year celebration for the Residence Life Staff.