Department: Human Resources
Anna Maria College is currently seeking a seasoned HR professional to support and guide the institution in the role of Director of Human Resources. Interested applicants should be prepared to dig in and roll their sleeves up as this position is both strategic and tactical. Ideal candidates will be collaborative, flexible, organized, down to earth, systems oriented and enjoy humor on the job. Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Administration, the role will oversee the day to day operations and functions of the human resources area including benefits administration, full cycle recruitment, performance management, compensation analysis, employee relations and compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop and communicate human resources programs, policies and procedures for College community.
- Conduct investigations of complaints and grievances in accordance with College policies and procedures. Prepare written reports and findings; maintain appropriate records of all investigatory activities.
- Serve as the College’s Title IX Coordinator. Craft and implement ongoing training, informational and educational programs for faculty and staff; receive, evaluate, and assign complaints for outreach and investigation; track, trend, and report systemic problems relating to complaints to the Executive Vice President; maintain records of files of complaints and investigations; provide consultation to individuals regarding reporting options, employee mandatory reporting obligations, and resources available at the College and in the community.
- Research and prepare responses to requests for information from regulatory agencies, such as, Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination (MCAD), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Office of Civil Rights.
- Oversee full cycle recruitment efforts (posting/advertising vacancies, screening candidates, interviews, background checks and offers).
- Benefits Administration (working with broker agents and vendors, renewal negotiations, day to day management of plans, billing and invoice management, oversight of plan audits and compliance).
- Retirement plan (committee liaison, education, fiduciary responsibilities).
- Participate in hearings or other administrative or legal proceedings as required.
- Liaise with legal counsel as necessary in carrying out employee and labor relations and Title IX responsibilities.
- Provide information to the Executive Vice President and President in responding to and resolving HR-related issues, including but not limited to disciplinary actions, interpretation of regulations and contract language, and employee records.
- Administer affirmative action program and reporting.
- Provide Human Resources related trainings to college community, e.g., equity in hiring, performance development, supervisor essentials, disciplinary actions, avoiding grievances, workplace behavior.
- Supervise employees as assigned in areas of responsibility.
- Create a safe, inclusive working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
- Provide leadership in accordance with the mission, core themes, objectives and values established by the College.
- Coordinate performance evaluations and goal setting process.
- Creates offer letters for new employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or closely related field from an accredited college or university OR equivalent work experience to obtain human resources, employee/labor relations, and compliance expertise.
- Four years of experience in Human Resources.
- Demonstrated expertise conducting Title IX investigations, serving as a Title IX Administrator or Deputy Administrator and/or investigating employment discrimination complaints.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to an equitable organization by addressing institutional barriers, policies, procedures through an equity lens.
- Powerful sense of empathy to lead difficult conversations, respectfully consider diverse perspectives, and identify principled courses of action.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
The Director of Human Resources supervises the Benefits and On-Boarding Specialist.
- Human Resources Certification (e.g. SPHR, PHR, SHRM SCP or SHRM CP).
- Experience working in HR in higher education.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, Organizational Development, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or closely allied field.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.