Department: Institutional Research, Assessment, and Accreditation
The Associate Director of Institutional Research and Assessment will report to, and work collaboratively with, the Director of the department. The Associate Director is responsible for (1) using existing data management systems to identify, compile, present, and disseminate data and statistical analyses to college leadership, academic support units, state and federal agencies, and other stakeholders; (2) completing regularly scheduled data reports throughout the year and responding to internal and external ad hoc requests for data and information; (3) maintaining and enhancing the web-based, data reporting systems using data visualization tools to improve data access; and (4) overseeing the administration of institutional surveys.
This is a full-time, 12-month position.
- Effectively use the College’s data information systems (e.g., registration, admission), reporting tools, and data visualization platforms to respond to requests for institutional data and reports from internal data users and decision makers, and from outside agencies and organizations (e.g., NECHE, MA Department of Higher Education, NCAA).
- Serve as the institution’s chief reporting official for IPEDS and other federal/state organizations that require data-based reporting.
- Work collaboratively with staff and faculty in departments and units across the institution (e.g., finance, advancement, accredited programs, enrollment management) to assist in meeting their data-based reporting needs and requirements.
- Produce tables, graphs, and infographics to effectively present and summarize data. Develop and manage the College’s online, data visualization-based dashboards (e.g., Enrollment, Quick Facts).
- Design and coordinate the administration of campus-based institutional surveys including course evaluations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, and others, to maintain and enhance data integrity.
- Support the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment in conducting research and analyses on a wide-range of institutional topics including student outcomes, success, and achievement; enrollment management; program evaluations; grant writing initiatives; and special projects.
- Design and disseminate internal reporting tools whereby staff and faculty can produce their own data sets and reports on demand.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff and faculty to create, manage, and administer their own departmental surveys and use results for improving programs.
- Participate on committees, workgroups, taskforces, and in meetings as needed.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, information technology, social sciences, education, business administration, statistics or a related field is required. Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience desired.
- Proficiency in using data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau) and MS Office applications, particularly Access and Excel.
- Ability to learn and utilize other technologies associated with collecting, managing, analyzing, and evaluating data (e.g., SPSS, Qualtrics).
- Demonstrated ability to engage collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analyses and research designs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills for engaging diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity.