Department: Academic Affairs
Anna Maria College currently seeks an Academic Technologist who will disseminate research-based best practices, models, and approaches to college teaching and learning. This role will facilitate access to resources and assists instructors, both individually and in groups, in gathering, analyzing, and reflecting on information about their own teaching and their students’ learning.
- Collaborate with faculty to effectively provide academic technological support and integrate the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Provide WebAMC & Engage (Moodle LMS) training for all new faculty
- Support faculty with course design
- syllabus consultation
- content imports and training on Engage features (Gradebook, etc.)
- technology needs
- pedagogical discussions (grading, assessments, etc.)
- Online course maintenance
- Coordinate with IT, Registrar’s Office, and Online Office to help manage course shells and enrollments in Engage and help troubleshoot as needed
- Course design – working with Subject Matter Experts and deans/directors to build or refresh courses
- Support faculty with course preparation for start of term
- Collaboration with faculty, directors, staff, and other departments as needed
- Troubleshoot Engage issues/questions
- Master’s degree in related field with three to five years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; additional experience is strongly preferred
- Creative, innovative, and passionate about education and technology with the ability and desire to quickly learn about new technology and the ability to interact positively with all levels of technical aptitude
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills and the ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships with a diverse range of internal and external constituencies
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Detail-oriented, results-focused
- Record of successful teaching (online and on ground) in a college/university environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with and understanding of diversity and inclusivity issues in higher education.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion. Must have a high degree of initiative, judgment, and creative problem-solving ability.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.