Dear Anna Maria College Community,
As we continue to face the challenges of Covid-19, the College has been preparing for the return to campus for Fall with one focus – to keep all as safe as possible and to offer a quality educational experience for our students. To that end, faculty, staff and administrators have been working in consultation with public health officials to guide us in navigating the protocols that are now in place as we resume our campus activities. I offer my deepest appreciation for all that has been done by so many to prepare in advancing our mission and doing their best to assure the well-being of our community.
Modifications to facilities, programs and services to mitigate risk and maximize safety are outlined in this document. Many of you will be familiar with them through your own experiences and past communication from the College but some are specific to the campus and our community. Among the changes are:
- The Academic Calendar was adjusted with a 15-week Fall semester beginning with on-campus classes on August 24th. Move-in for new and returning students is by appointment beginning the week of August 17th and assigned by Residence Life. The new student orientation will take place August 21st – 23rd. For additional calendar information, refer to the website under important dates for further details;
- The suspension of Fall sports;
- Covid-19 testing for all community members twice a week at no cost;
- A modified process for on-campus dining to allow full access without compromising safety
- Classrooms and other spaces across campus have capacity limits in place for social distancing;
- Increased cleaning processes across campus;
- Installation of more than 150 hand sanitization stations campus-wide;
- Enforcement of all safety measures, including masks at all times when outside of living space (residence room) or office.
As already practiced, constant assessment of these procedures and policies will be conducted throughout the semester as effectiveness and changes in public health officials dictate. The success of the Fall semester will require cooperation from everyone. I will continue to communicate with transparency and inclusion for collaborative decision making that has been our standard since we were faced with Covid-19.
How fortunate we are to have an intelligent, cohesive community and I want you to know that all of the decisions are for the continued safety and success of Anna Maria in these unprecedented times.
I look forward to welcoming everyone back and seeing the campus come alive again. Stay well and please read this document carefully. Any questions, please call me at (508) 849-3333.
Mary Lou Retelle