The Anna Maria College football team appeared in the NCAA National Championship Tournament for the first time in school history. While the team didn’t advance in tournament play, they had a remarkable season!
With a record of 7-2, including 6-1 in the Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC). Anna Maria claimed the conference championship with a 31-7 victory over SUNY Maritime on Saturday, November 13th in the regular season finale. To listen to an interview with Coach Dan Mulrooney about the season, click here.
It was also Senior Day for the cheerleading and football teams, with a record number of Anna Maria seniors and graduate students recognized at midfield before the start of the game.
- Nicole Maffei, Wayne, NJ – Criminal Justice and Education
- Madison Haley, Uxbridge, MA – Forensic Criminology
- Emma Baran, Harwinton, CT – Nursing
Senior and Graduate Student Football Players
This class of senior and graduate student athletes will be forever remembered at Anna Maria College as the first class in the College’s history to ever produce a winning football season. The amount of belief in and love of each other has been remarkable. Each week, this group along with their teammates were responsible for rewriting AMCAT history.
- Justin McMillian, Middletown, CT – Sport Management
- Carl St. Paul ’21, Brooklyn, NY – Sport Management
- Vincent Marrone ’21, Wayne, NJ – Exercise Science
- Matthew Sapere, Old Lyme, CT – Environmental Science
- Swavaughn Small ’21, Mattapan, MA – Graphic Design
- Alex Cohen, Plymouth, MA – Sport Management
- Kristian Sapp ’21, Cromwell, Ct – Criminal Justice
- Johnathan Gomez ’21, Sleepy Hollow, NY – Sport Management
- Hayden Braga ’21, Foster, RI – Sport Management
- Dylan Gansert, Belmont, NH – Management and Psychology
- Darrin Cooper ’21, Fulton, NY – Fire Science
- Danny George ’21, Leicester, MA – Criminal Justice
- Dylan Diorio ’21, Grafton, MA – Sport Management
- Devin White ’21, Worcester, MA – Criminal Justice
- Jake Mangano ’21, Bellingham, MA – Business Administration
- Tyler Pappas, Wall, NJ – Criminal Justice
- Riley Cole, Stratham, NH – Fire Science
- Jude Sampson ’21, Waterbury, CT – Sport Management
- Kevin Supan ’21, Monroe, CT – Fire Science
- Louis Costanzo ’21, Lindenhurst, NY – History
- Adam Black ’21, Bedford, NH – Criminal Justice
- Chandler Czarnota ’21, Manchester, MA – Fire Science
- Josh Green ’21, Quantico, MD – Sport Management