All entries must be received by
5:00 PM on October 1, 2021.
All entries must be received by
Contest is open to all members of the Anna Maria College Community.
(Alumni, Students, Staff, & Faculty)
The First Annual Anna Maria College Calendar Photo Contest
A Dedication to the Good, the True and the Beautiful
Images should reflect two categories:
- The Anna Maria Experience: Events or activities connecting the Anna Maria community to their history or current experience(s) as part of the community. Submit photographs that show what it means (or has meant) to be an Anna Maria student, alumni, professor, or staff, and provide a sense of pride about the experience.
- Hometown Pride: Throughout the College’s 75-year history, members of the Anna Maria community have come to the College from neighboring towns, other states, and up to 45 foreign countries Submit photographs of events, locations, objects or activities that display the pride you have experienced by way of your hometown or place of origin. These photographs should illustrate the richness, diversity and originality that you bring to enrich our campus community.
Tools and Techniques:
- Traditional Photography: Taken with either a film or digital SLR camera.
- Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects.
- Mobile: Any photograph taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet).
High quality, high resolution scans of non-digital photographs, sent as JPEG files are acceptable. Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible.
Each of these photo categories may involve locales, peoples, or activities that convey a sense of place.
PRIZES: Three prizes will be awarded (*)
One winning photo from each of the two photo categories will receive a $150 Visa gift card
Grand Prize: (The best photo entry from the categories) will receive a $250 Visa gift card and also be featured on the calendar cover.
(*) one gift card prize per person
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to the prompt and overall impact. Please submit photographs and requested information via the form link: https://annamaria.formstack.com/forms/photocontest
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The contest begins on July 20, 2021. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM on October 1, 2021. Photographs must have been shot by the entrant since January 1, 2019. You may submit up to six photographs per category for a contest total of 12 submissions. Images should be submitted as original work in a JPEG format, with a minimum file size of 4mb. You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant Anna Maria College a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use images at its discretion in the outbound promotion of the College. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible. The photographer must have the permission to use the image of any person featured and that they have read and agreed to the terms of the contest. Photos that depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) must include a release from the rights holder.