All community members are encouraged to download the Anna Maria BlueLight App which can be used to contact Paxton Police by phone or text from anywhere on or off campus. Click here for directions on downloading and settings up the Anna Maria BlueLight App.
- Call 911 or the Paxton Police Officer on Duty at Anna Maria College at (508) 494-9010 to activate Emergency Medical Services (EMS). You can also contact an officer through the Anna Maria BlueLight App.
- Explain the type of emergency, the location of the victim, and the condition of the victim.
- Let the officer know of any safety hazards – weapons, chemical spill, fire, fumes, etc.
- Tell the officer if the person is unconscious, not breathing, is bleeding profusely, or has chest pain.
- Do not hang up unless told to do so by the officer.
- Reassure the victim that help is on the way.
- Do not attempt to move the victim.
- Do not give victim anything to eat or drink.
- Stay calm.
- Monitor the victim and assist the victim to your level of ability until help arrives.