Department: Student Affairs
Job Type: Part Time (hourly, seasonal work, no summers) August-May.
The Anna Maria College shuttle driver will be responsible for driving the evening shuttle which provides transportation for students to Union Station in Worcester and other surrounding locations in a safe and efficient manner. This position reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Hours are Monday – Thursday 6pm -10pm. Duties will include:
- Serve as shuttle driver safely transporting students in a 15-passenger vehicle or similar type vehicle.
- Provide excellent service to all passengers. Be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Ensure that the shuttle runs on schedule.
- Ensure that all passengers adhere to all passenger safety guidelines and expectations while the vehicle is in operation.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and take all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of passengers. Exhibit sound judgment and follow safe driving standards.
- Maintain travel records and logs as necessary. Record passenger counts and trip times.
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness and maintenance. Remove trash and debris from vehicle.
- While operating vehicle, ensure full attention is focused to driving and the road. Do not engage in distracted driving behavior or operate a cell phone or text while driving.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all traffic laws and road signs.
- Monitor vehicle operation and equipment and report any mechanical or safety issues.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.