Position: Program Coordinator of Student Activities for Diversity & Inclusion
Division: Student Affairs
Reporting To: Director of Student Activities
Anna Maria College is currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator of Student Activities for Diversity & Inclusion.
This position will be a member of The Office of Student Activities staff reporting to the Director of Student Activities, and consulting and collaborating with the office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI). The position will be responsible for programming, leadership development, student engagement and club/organization advising that promotes and celebrates diversity, inclusion, BIPOC student success. The Program Coordinator will also be a key campus partner who participates in committee work, annual events, training & development.
Responsibilities of the Position Include:
- Serve as the primary advisor for Anna Maria Colleges identity-based clubs and organizations. This includes managing organization budgets, supporting SGA requirements, promoting events, etc.
- Develop and support new additional identity-based groups based on interest and need of the student population.
- Implement identity-based social programming to support the AMC BIPOC student population.
- In consultation with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, implement identity-based, educational programming to support the AMC BIPOC student population and celebrate diversity within the whole campus community.
- Serve as a member of the Institutional Equity Action Committee and assist the Chief Diversity Officers in the development and execution of the College’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan, ensuring alignment with the institution’s mission and goals.
- Create and facilitate a BIPOC Student Leadership Development program
- Assist with Summer Orientation and Fall Move-In Weekend implementation, with intention on the creation of elements specifically for First Generation/BIPOC students
- In consultations with the Office of Diversity & Inclusion, this role will have oversight of Office of Diversity and Inclusion Lounge, including the creation of programming and resources within.
- Serve as a liaison between Student Activities and Athletics to develop relationships which encourage student athlete community engagement
- In consultation with the Chief Diversity Officer, this role will collaborate with campus partners to create campus resources and events using a lens of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Serve as a member of the New Student Orientation Committee.
- In consultation with the Chief Diversity Officer, this role will facilitate DEI dialogues, trainings and workshops for students.
- Provide professional staffing coverage for Department of Student Activities evening and weekend events as needed.
- Assist with internal and external marketing, communication and social media.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities.
- Stay abreast of current research, trends and best practices in diversity and inclusion in the higher education, and share relevant resources and information with the College community.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with educational background and experience in the field of diversity and/or student activities, or closely related fields.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in planning and implementing diversity and inclusion programs and events.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.