The Payroll Administrator will manage all payroll processes and perform necessary tasks to ensure timely submission and distribution of bi-weekly payrolls. The role of the Payroll Administrator is detail-oriented and requires the ability to accurately perform multiple payroll related tasks, troubleshoot issues and work against set deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manages payroll records to ensure that all necessary information is accurate, properly maintained, and readily accessible.
- Executes electronic and/or manual time and attendance processing.
- Enters data into payroll files, posts to individual payroll records and ensures accuracy before processing.
- Maintains records of all earnings, taxes, voluntary deductions, court-ordered garnishments, loan payments and direct deposits.
- Manages the state business tax account and SUTA set-up.
- Complies with federal, state, and local agencies on payroll-related requirements and works with College administrators to help develop policies affecting payroll.
- Ensures that all necessary payroll documents are completed and submitted according to pre-established schedules.
- Manages and onboards all college-work-study students.
- Develops ad hoc reports and prepares paychecks as necessary.
- Prepares year-end tax information/reporting and ensures accuracy of W2 tax forms.
- Interprets and enforces College policies and government regulations affecting earnings and time off.
- Works closely with the College’s payroll software provider to ensure that the necessary controls and payroll-related requirements are met.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner and troubleshoots discrepancies as related to payroll issues and accruals.
- Reviews timesheets and works closely with department managers to reconcile issues.
- Establishes electronic records for new hires and updates current employee records as needed.
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Interacts on a daily basis with administration, faculty, staff, students, and vendors and participates in Higher Education Consortium of Central Mass meetings.
- Reviews and approves certain purchases for the College.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate degree in related field or 2+ years payroll experience. Previous experience using a computerized payroll system (experience with Paycom a plus) and report creation. Microsoft Excel skills (intermediate level). Strong numerical aptitude and working knowledge of relevant payroll and wage and hour regulations. Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask effectively. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Availability and willingness to work weekends and holidays as necessary. A hybrid work model may commence after on-site training is completed. Ability to be bonded.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.