The Anna Maria College Division of Student Affairs is seeking applicants for The Office of Violence Against Women Project Director. This individual will lead campus wide efforts to make improvements in several critical areas defined in the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Violence Against Women Campus Grant. This is a full-time, grant0funded position that is currently funded for a period of 3 years. Position is contingent upon grant renewal conditions and grant funding.
The individual will report to the Vice President of Student Affairs and serve as the coordinator for all projects and initiatives under this grant. Core responsibilities will include:
- Engage students in campus wide prevention and education efforts.
- Integrate information, programs, and services more fully into campus life.
- Engage Priority Populations (the initial planning team has identified a need to reach out and engage international students and LGBTQ+ students)
- Train all campus law enforcement to respond effectively
- Develop a coordinated community response
- Develop and maintain community partnerships on DVSAS
- Provide education to all students on DVSAS
- Conduct ongoing training for all campus conduct personnel
- Recruit and train peer educators
- Invite survivors to speak directly or anonymously to share their perspectives and ideas
- Responsible for requesting survey feedback after all training and events, surveys will include a request for survivors to share their input
- Create an annual calendar to plan events and activities
- Coordinate all CCRT activities and communication with on- and off-campus partners
- Coordinate all required training for groups on campus
- Develop and maintain statistics and information on campus educational opportunities
- Oversee social media and public relations campaigns
- Participate in the Annual Project Directors Call and all other OVW training and technical assistance
- Attend semi-annual training events
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years working with youth and young adults
- 1-3 Experience working with education or victim services for DVS
Limited travel to training events is required