Department: Institutional Advancement
The Major Gifts Officer plays a key role in the overall growth of philanthropy at Anna Maria College. As a member of the Advancement team, the Major Gifts Officer will have a leadership role in the strategy, planning, and stewardship of their assigned prospects. The Major Gifts Officer will work directly with faculty departments and other areas of the college to be fully engaged in connecting their prospects to their interests at Anna Maria College.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage a major gift portfolio.
- Initiate and/or strengthen relationships with major gift prospects; create strategies for and solicit donors capable of contributing five- and six-figure gifts.
- Participate directly in the cultivation, solicitation and closure of gifts.
- Develop individualized strategies through collaboration with colleagues and faculty.
- Identify new prospects and opportunities for philanthropic support as appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with advancement staff, ensuring prospects and donors are appropriately involved in College-wide events and activities as appropriate.
- Continuously update the prospect management database with relevant information related to donor strategies, contacts, and results.
- Appropriately steward donors in a timely manner in accordance with College Advancement procedures.
- Uphold the College’s giving policies and procedures.
- Enhance professional skills through seminars, conferences, training, and individual mentoring.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director of Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- A record of accomplishment in individual major gift fundraising and experience in cultivating and soliciting prospects capable of gifts of five- and six-figures.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work independently and predominantly day trips.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Superb oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Solid relationship building skills, able to interface with alumni, donors, volunteers, faculty, administrators, and trustees.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.