Department: Campus Ministry
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director of Campus Ministry & Community Outreach supervises all activities of the ministry, including major College liturgies such as the Baccalaureate and Reunion Masses. The Director advises various student organizations, coordinates regular programming and alternative break service trips (i.e. Habitat for Humanity), and sits on College committees as necessary. The Director of Campus Ministry & Community Outreach is expected to conduct him/herself in a manner consistent with the Anna Maria Mission and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Seeks to foster a campus community that is conducive to student development through spiritual, service, and social dimensions alongside the Campus Ministry staff.
- Promotes and participates in the liturgical life of the community, including regularly attending and participating in week day Masses/services and Sunday Masses during the regular academic school year.
- Plans and implements significant Eucharistic celebrations throughout the year, including Reunion Mass, Baccalaureate Mass, Holy Days, etc.
- Coordinates and facilitates the RCIA program for students and/or staff looking to enter into full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Coordinates, implements, and attends Alternative Break Service Trips (Winter and Spring) which includes training student leaders, tracking finances and fundraising, scheduling travel, etc.
- Works with the Coordinator of Community Outreach to create partnerships between AMC and local town agencies as well as non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations and humanitarian organizations to increase the number of service opportunities for our students.
- Advises the AMCares Volunteer Club and Christian Student Fellowship Club.
- Coordinates Anna Maria student led retreats for local parish Confirmation classes.
- Serves as a resource for students of all faith background, especially those looking for spiritual guidance.
- Communicates with various departments across campus including Student Activities, Residence Life, Diversity and Inclusion, Athletics, Admissions, Public Relations and faculty.
- Represents Campus Ministry at College-wide functions.
- Assists with the preparation and creation of promotional materials for department resources and events, including the Campus Ministry Weekly Update, Social Justice Monthly Update, event flyers and social media.
- Manages the fiscal operating budget for Campus Ministry.
- Supervision of Campus Ministry personnel including Assistant to Campus Ministry/Coordinator of Community Outreach, Campus Chaplain and Campus Deacon.
- Supervision of Work Study and Non-Federal Work Study student employees as needed.
- Communicates regularly with the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs as well as the Student Affairs staff.
- Interacts on a daily basis with students, administration, staff, and faculty.
- Interacts regularly with a variety of student committees and groups, parents, agents, external vendors, and community members.
- Attends division and intercollegiate meetings as required. This includes but is not limited to the Mission Committee and Institutional Equity Action Committee.
- Possesses an understanding and supports the teachings of the Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings.
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Youth Ministry, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience supporting and/or leading a campus ministry program or related work with young adults.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as a productive team member.
- Leadership skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with a diverse student body.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and attend student events is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.