POSITION: Director, Instructional Technology and Online Learning
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Oversees the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of online and alternative learning formats.Develops and implements policies, procedures and guidelines for the Anna Maria College Distance Education program. Works with the College’s online education partner (Wiley) to set enrollment goals, promote distanceeducation, and develops online courses in conjunction with academic departments and subject matter experts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the planning and operations of the Online Learning Program;
- Coordinates and implements instructional design projects from inception to completion;
- Ensures compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations;
- Develops and oversees implementation of Online Learning student and faculty support services;
- Responsible for developing and overseeing faculty development related to distance education;
- Collaborate with academic departments and external agencies (Business, governments and industry) to identify and provide quality distance education opportunities;
- Identifies emerging trends and conduct needs analyses that offer opportunities for new programming development;
- Collaborates with CFO in budget development and oversight for the Online Learning Program;
- Other duties as
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in information technology, computer science, instructional technology, distance learning or a related field.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and skill in the area of integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
- Two years of experience that includes instructional design, curriculum development, web development and/or post-secondary teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” and to lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner and work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Experience with Moodle Learning Management System.
The search committee will review all applications received by September 15, 2023
Anna Maria College is an Equal Opportunity / Diversity Employer.