Job Type: Part Time (hourly, seasonal work, no summers)
The Anna Maria College Athletic Department bus driver will be responsible for transporting athletes to
and from away contests in a safe and efficient manner. This position reports to the Director of Athletics
and the Athletic & Fitness Center Coordinator. Duties will include:
- Serve as bus driver safely transporting student-athletes, coaching staff and teams to athletic events in a 25 passenger vehicle or similar type vehicle.
- Provide excellent service to all passengers. Be courteous and respectful at all times.
- Ensure that teams arrive to contests on time according to the schedule determined by the Director of Athletics.
- Assist teams with loading and unloading of athletic equipment.
- Interact and communicate with coaching staff regarding directions, rest stops and meal breaks and return times.
- Provide assistance and support to coaching staff as needed.
- Ensure that all passengers including student athletes and coaches adhere to all passenger safety guidelines and expectations while the vehicle is in operation.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and take all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of passengers. Exhibit sound judgment and follow safe driving standards.
- Complete pre-trip vehicle inspections as required by law.
- Maintain travel records and logs as necessary. Record passenger counts and trip times.
- Ensure vehicle cleanliness and maintenance. Remove trash and debris from vehicle.
- While operating vehicle, ensure full attention is focused to driving and the road. Do not engage in distracted driving behavior or operate a cell phone or text while driving.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all traffic laws and road signs.
- Monitor vehicle operation and equipment and report any mechanical or safety issues to athletic & fitness center Coordinator. Help maintain the rest of the AMC fleet, this includes vans. Maintenance could include snow removal, interior and exterior washing, transporting vehicles for routine maintenance (oil changes etc.).
- Must be flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends according to the College’s athletic schedule.
- Additional duties as assigned by Director of Athletics and Athletic & Fitness Center Coordinator.
Anna Maria College is an equal opportunity employer.