Department: Student Accounts
Job Type: Full Time
Job description: The Assistant Director of Student Accounts is responsible for all credit, collections and cash activity relating to student accounts. This position reports to and supports the Student Accounts Director.
- Assist students and families with questions about payment options
- Liaison to our payment plan provider Nelnet Campus Commerce
- Manage posting and updating payment plan payments to our student information system Empower
- Record student payments – cash, check, and electronic
- Oversee inactive student collections procedures including, but not limited to in house payment plans, 30/60/90/demand letters, monitoring accounts that have been assigned to agencies, litigation requests from collection agencies, and processing payments to student accounts collected from agencies.
- Responsible for managing Anna Maria’s Federal Perkins portfolio with duties including the Perkins Loan Assignment/Liquidation as mandated by the Department of Education. Prior experience with the Perkins loan program or with ECSI is expected.
- Act as the VA billing representative in partnership with the VA representative from the Registrar’s office. Prior experience with Tungsten or VA billing is a plus.
- Document student authorization forms into student files (FERPA, TITLE IV Authorizations, Financial Responsibility Agreement)
- Liaison for book voucher program
- Assist the Director of Student Accounts with refunds, 1098T tax forms, processing student health insurance waivers, year-end audit, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- May assist director in supervising student workers
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 3-5 years in higher education setting or experience in accounting/finance
- Collections experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collect funds and handle cash receipts/deposits
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and excellent customer service skills are a must
- Ability to pivot from front facing student relations to data integration and analysis
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills required in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills