Assistant Director of Admission (12 months) Full time 12 month The Undergraduate Admissions Office at Anna Maria College is accepting applications for an Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director position.
This position provides support to the Office of Admissions in the overall execution of strategic departmental and institutional enrollment.
This person represents Anna Maria College to the public and markets the mission and vision of the university to our various constituencies: prospective students, parents, college counselors, and alumni on campus through the Office of Admission.
- Manages a regional recruitment territory- including travel, college fairs, receptions, information sessions, high school visits and electronic outreach.
- Reads International Applications. This also includes reading all applications from the region.
- Performs information sessions on-campus and off-campus and serves as resource for campus visitors on a regular basis. •
- Develops tracks and coordinates all outbound email communication for the Office of Admission.
- Serves as the lead person overseeing the production of print publications, editing content for web/social/print for the admissions office.
- Assists counseling staff as needed to support various projects and programs, as determined by the supervisor and the cyclical needs of the office.
- Performs interviews and information sessions both in person and virtually for candidates for admission.
- Reviews and completes admission decisions in an assigned territory. • Willingness to travel 4-6 weeks in the fall and 1-2 weeks in the spring.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 1-3 years related work experience
- Title and Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Skill and sensitivity to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion as they affect the college admissions process; a demonstrated commitment to building a strong and diverse applicant pool.
- Familiarity with various international education systems including but not limited to Canada, Asia, Europe, Central and South America.
- Excellent communication and writing skills – including public speaking ability required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required, including work with diverse people and dynamic situations
- Attention to detail required
- Knowledge of web-based communication tools, including Slate and
- Computer skills – proficiency with Microsoft applications required; HTML, familiarity with Web software a plus
- A driver’s license is required.