Date(s) - 04/22/2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Throughout the Spring, the Undergraduate Criminal Justice department will be facilitating a speaker series on various topics across the Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement career paths. Click on the section below for more information.
All sessions will be held over Zoom. After registration Zoom links will be forwarded to you by email. Links will also be available on the website 15 minutes before each event.
Introduction: John Hamel
Forensic Criminology Program Introduction of Speakers: Dr. Ann Marie Mires
- Gerard Durand, BS and MS in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science Teacher at Blackstone Millville Regional High School, Blackstone, MA. Adjunct Professor, Anna Maria College, teaches Crime Scene Forensics and Criminalistics. Retired Woonsocket Police Officer.
- Lieutenant James Dowling, BS and MS in Criminal Justice, Massachusetts State Police, Executive Officer Cyber Crime Unit, Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. Adjunct Professor, Anna Maria College, teaches Cybercrime.
- Sidney Collins, BA Art History, BS Chemistry, MS Advanced Laboratory Management in Forensic Science. CODIS TL and State Administrator, Massachusetts State Police Crime Laboratory.
- Greg Mahoney, MFA (Master of Fine Arts) Director of the Multimedia and Graphic Arts Division, Boston Police Headquarters. Forensic Artist-Virtual Facial Reconstruction.
Question and Answer Period:
The speakers will address the following questions:
- What is your current job title, description, and duties?
- What was the educational path you took and the major for each degree?
- How did your education prepare you for your career path and current job?
After a ten minute presentation from each speaker, the panel of speakers will take questions from the audience.