On Campus and Online
Industrial Organizational Psychology | MS
Apply your scientific study of the workplace to issues of critical relevance to business. Anna Maria College’s Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology Program (MS IOP) blends coursework from the fields of counseling psychology and business. Well-connected, industry-savvy instructors offer practical and research-based learning that teaches students the secrets that help companies harness their greatest asset – their employees. Understanding how people work best together creates not only a more efficient and effective workplace but also increases job satisfaction and productivity.
The program will prepare and empower students for careers in and related to business including (but not limited to) organizational development consultant, mid-market organizational consultant, senior analyst for people analytics and engagement, director of learning and development, marketing academy program manager, and talent management.
More InformationCourse of Study
Course Of Study
- Anna Maria College’s I/O Psychology program can be self-designed to meet your objectives and help you make your mark in the business world.
- Ranked 15th in the nation’s top 25 Most Affordable Masters programs by www.affordableschools.net
- Forbes Magazine listed Anna Maria College in their Education Innovators issue as a program with maximum ROI
- Anna Maria College prides itself on a highly personalized learning experience with its smaller student-to-teacher ratios and faculty who are known for both their teaching and business experience
- The MS in I/O Psychology Program at Anna Maria College is centered on the application of theoretical study and professional practice.
Return on Investment
Industrial/Organizational Psychology ranks #1 among the top 20 fastest growing career options as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- The field is expected to grow by 8% through 2026. (US Department of Labor Statistics)
- As of 2021, I-O psychologists earn a median salary of more than $105,000.
- Gain real world practice as business consultants in local business, government, and non-profit organizations in the community through the program’s capstone project. These projects provide students with experiential learning and an opportunity to build upon their current resumes
“Your classes were informative and well presented; the coursework for this program was very well built and is very useful to individuals, like myself, who want to make an impact in how organizations view their employees. I feel like a better human resource employee now and will continue to try and bring these teachings to my workforce as usable tools for better employee engagement.”
– Kristen Catabia, Employee Relations Specialist at Community Healthlink Inc.
Master of Science, Industrial Organizational Psychology
The Master of Science in I/O Psychology Program was created to provide practitioners with a broad range of skills that are integral in today’s business environment. Learning outcomes include (but aren’t limited to):
- Demonstrate highly-developed legal and ethical communication and collaboration skills needed by effective psychology and business professionals.
- Integrate research and theory in complex business and human resource problem solving.
- Analyze the psychology of organizational leadership and strategic management skills for improving work environments, conflict management, and significant change initiatives.
- Contribute effectively to the achievement of organizational goals in a team environment utilizing psychology methods including: talent management, coaching, assessment, selection, training, performance evaluation, and work-life balance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of psychology and business concepts and functions in a multi-generational workforce.